Sannel Larson

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Dip Under the Moonlight

A Dip Under the Moonlight
by
Sannel Larson



Through the forest running deep

a distant hymn is calling me.

As inviting as the crescent moon

dancing 'tween the clouds so free.



Walking on softest emerald moss

the mist swirls up around my feet.

A gentle breeze pushes me forward

leaving a fragrance that's oh so sweet.



Shadows lurking behind the silent trees

creeping along the roots beneath the soil.

They watch each step that I take

guiding me to a pond of lavender oil.



Whatever fears that I had

are now a memory of the past

as images float before my eyes

answering my question at last.



Under the jeweled sky

soft, golden threaded wings

float 'tween the water lilies.

While humming angels sings.



Sparkling halos hover over the water

bringing light to an ageless night

as a myriad of glorious angels

take a dip under the moonlight.



This distance is now so very near

in a trance, I start to sing

music so soft calling me home

as I join the angels for a swim.




© Copyright 2012 by Sannel Larson. All rights reserved

10 comments:

  1. This poem touches the soul like a feather listlessly floating along a gentle breeze. Always a favorite read . . . always a joyous smile is found . . .

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch,I'm so glad you enjoyed this poem of mine. "This poem touches the soul like a feather listlessly floating along a gentle breeze"... oh, that's really lovely! Thank you, my dearest friend. Gentle hugs to ((you))
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sannel, I love the fantastic imagery in your beautiful poem! Your words paint the scene so well in my minds eye making me feel as if I am there. I'm glad to see your poem here and hope to see many, many more as well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us all. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, yes, little by little, I'll move all my poems over to my blog. Have them all under one roof, so to speak. Always a wonderful treat to see you here. I appreciate your visits very much, my dear friend.
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sannel... you take a person on a journey each time you share from the heart. Thank you for taking me along again today...

    Love from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rolly, thank you, my Canadian dear friend for those lovely words. I'm so glad you stopped by!
    Love and hugs from Sweden,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sannel,

    "Whatever fears that I had

    are now a memory of the past

    as images float before my eyes

    answering my question at last."

    Beautiful and moving. Answers that free us from the darkness and let us soar in the light of the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Susan for your kind words. It's always such a beautiful treat when you come for a visit. I have to stop by and see what you have written lately on HP. Take care, my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This distance is now so very near

    in a trance, I start to sing

    music so soft calling me home

    as I join the angels for a swim.




    Oh so beautiful again Sannel you are an amazing poet.Have a wonderful weekend.
    Eddy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eddy, Thank you so much for your kind and much appreciated words.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete