Sannel Larson

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Church Bells Peal on a Journey

Church Bell's Peal on a Journey
By
Sannel Larson




As I stand on the ancient bridge

that crosses the river with the sea

I hear the echoes of distant bells

guiding me towards tranquility.


A sudden gust carries leaves

from yesterday's summer trees

like crimson jewels from the past

they float out to the seven seas.


Tiny songbirds in hushed flight

through the darkened evening sky

flap their delicate wings so fine

towards the journey's end they fly.


The dusk fades into a memory

as today's sunset is forever gone

dead of night draws ever near

not yielding until break of dawn.


Church bells peal on a journey

waver on throughout the night

keeping me solemn company

as the stars spread their light.


Darkness wraps its velvet stole

around my shoulders so bare

as I wait for an answered prayer

I reach my hands into the air.


Oh, please give me wings to fly

so I can touch the crescent moon

and dance 'tween the stars so bright

in rhythm to the heavenly tune.


As songbirds lift me with their wings

and the echos of bells sets me free

the journey's end, I finally reach

as I cast my soul into the deep sea.



© Copyright 2013 by Sannel Larson. All rights reserved