Sannel Larson

Thursday, January 30, 2014

In Loving Memory of Max

Max as a pup!

One night you came into my life 

like a sweet angel in disguise.

A black and white ball of fur

with the sweetest puppy eyes.



*


God surely must have known 

I needed someone like you.

So he sent you on a mission

to love me through and through. 

*


Now I had someone to care for

morning, noon, evening and night.

To love you with all my heart

make your days happy and bright.

*



In your own special little ways 

you made me forget my sorrow.

You made sure, I never felt alone

brought me strength to face tomorrow.

*


My faithful, loving companion,

your devotion to me unsurpassed.

For thirteen years you guarded me

nothing much in return you asked.

*


God gave me the greatest gift of all

when he sent you to my door. 

You became my very best friend, 

my savior, and oh, so much more.

*


But some things are inevitable 

even angel dogs grow tired and old. 

Our Lord told Max to return to heaven 

so he can rest his weary heart of gold.

*


No, please I can't go on without him

He's my greatest treasure. I love him so!

I'll be left with a heart that's broken, 

oh, how can I possible ever let him go?

*


As my heart filled with endless tears

God told me to be selfless and kind. 

Max had always given me his best

now we must give him peace of mind. 

*


We shall free his spirit from his body

which is worn out with so much pain,

so he can frolic in the heavenly fields 

as a happy and healthy pup again.

*


So the other night I held him in my arms 

as I gazed into his wise but tired eyes. 

I told him how much I truly loved him 

and then he left for the heavenly skies.

*


No words can describe this pain I feel. 

How will I find the strength to go on? 

To face each day without my friend 

shall be lonely now when he's gone. 

*


Though his golden heart stopped beating

he's now a happy pup in a very special place.

Frolicking and playing with his angel friends,

barking with joy as he angel rabbits chase.

*



Max, you've been my rock, my joy, my love. 

Thank you, God for sending him my way. 

I give thanks to my sweet, furry little angel, 

you made my life so much richer by the day.




Max

~ Dec. ?, 2000 - Jan. 27th, 2014 ~


Though life goes on without you
it will never be the same.
Thank you, my angel
I'll always love you.

Sannel
~